- Pop. Estimate: 2,892
- Children: 17.32% (501)
- Elderly: 20.75% (600)
- 1,264 half-dwarf (43.7%)
- 990 dwarf (34.2%)
- 431 human (14.9%)
- 191 elf (6.6%)
- 16 other (0.5%)
- 4 Districts
- 112 Businesses
- 390 Specialists
- 369 Residences
Durbon is known for the following resources:
- A haunted castle inhabited by poisonous clams that are avoided by vampires. Jedgani Oatwind said somoeone said someone found a chest containing iron maidens in a dungeon.
- A magical grave yard inhabited by tame kangaroos that are avoided by travelers. Davry Berden said one might dig up piles of saphires in a dungeon.
- New palm oil harvests that are feared by locals. Glummuh Boneripper said rumors tell of bags of copper in a tomb nearby.
- Berry fields that are frequented by gru.
- Long ago, a serial killer named Cairana haunted the swamps once a year. People say that if you caught her, you will be stricken deaf.
- A long time ago, an old man haunted the town. Villagers say that the old man will offer you sweets, then banish you if you are cruel.
- Legends tell of Throond's Painting, a magical painting with the ability to summon demons. It was stolen from a locked vault.
- In times gone by, an old man haunted the field and was drawn towards misbehaving children. Villagers say that the old man will ask a favor of you, then eat you.
Job Postings [-]
- quazits-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. References required. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Shaman Shugbak Armbreaker.
- Help Wanted: Looking for something new? Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Reward available. Contact Jory Jamerough for more information.
- Looking for work? Hearty souls needed to recover stolen wagon wheel. Must be clean. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Grumril Crunchchest to learn more.
- I'm looking for rare imps, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Reward is a secret. Contact Porka.
- Wanted: I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Accidental Death insurance required. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Vothkaro.
- Needed: Require an instructor learned in local lore to tutor my child. Will reward you with valuable information. Accidental Death insurance required. May include some hazards. Contact Tulton Triggercog if intrigued.
- Required: Looking for work? I'm looking for a Negotiator. Prior experience with troublesome gremlins required. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Erinios Grimrunner.
- Help Wanted: Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. Safety not guaranteed. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Gwavarssa Summerdew for further details.
- Bounty for derros, dead or alive. Reward available. Contact Tugtak Legcrusher.
- Want to earn some quick coin? A passing Barbarian is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Shubah Bonesnapper.
- Fally Newmind has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Mer'ith.
- I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Reward is a secret. Contact Jit.
- Thorbul Onyxcavern is a male dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a gifted tinker. He appears giddy.
- Jo Briton is a female human who is known in the city as being a poorly skilled good samaritan. She appears attentive.
- Davey Giacoville is a female half-dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a laughably skilled navigator. She appears jesterly.
- Borbul Silvershoulder is a male dwarf who is known in the neighborhood as being a mediocre weaponsmith. He appears lonely.
- Aeshiathil Dawnborne is a male elf who is known in the world as being a decent handyman. He appears gosipy.
- Bronir Steelcavern is a female half-dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a poorly skilled prostitute. She appears boastful.
- Ardal Foetun is a male dwarf who is known in the city as being a legendary apothecary. He appears intimidated.
- Arnir Jetstaff is a male half-dwarf who is known in the region as being a poorly skilled doctor. He appears insecure.
- Jam Chrisick is a male human who is known in the region as being a horribly skilled porter. He appears idealistic.
- Garond Salttable is a female dwarf who is known in the city as being a reasonably skilled artist. She appears prejudiced.
- Donic Bartorough is a female human who is known in the city as being a mediocre librarian. She appears cautious.
- Gwariglas Teasen'stryke is a male elf who is known in the city as being a renowned seamstress. He appears vengeful.
- Iltiyn Melithcaller is a female elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a reasonably skilled librarian. She appears skeptical.
- Ilytssa Eytherwatch is a female elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a horribly skilled tavern. She appears treasure-obsessed.
- Joic Danin is a male human who is known in the world as being a gifted undertaker. He appears sick.
- Jame Wilore, a jaded male human. He is a commoner who is cleaning out a monster infestation.
- Gordor Thudgem, a pious male dwarf. He is a bard who is finding a missing nemesis.
- Perinada Fireleaf, a quiet female halfling. She is an expert who is finding a long-lost parent.
- Aesarttars Bluemane, a guarded male elf. He is a fighter who is finding a long-lost friend.
- Hilgrin Smoothfield, a cautious male halfling. He is an adept who is here to buy supplies.
- Joic Buron, a trusting male half-elf. He is an expert who is fleeing from forced labor.
- Don Casman, a nosy male human. He is a sorcerer who is brokering a truce over a trade war.
These establishments worthy of mention in Durbon:
- The Honest Devil Druggist [+]
- The Burly Bag Package Delivery [+]
- The Great Thunderbird Scabbards [+]
- The Voluptuous Pony Stockyard [+]
- The Dreaming Weasels Clinic [+]
- The Shallow Twins Timber Mill [+]
- The Salty Knife Inc. [+]
- The Wet Crow Butchers [+]
- The Lascivious Rooster Hatters [+]
- The Fallen Toad Inc. [+]
- The Surly Fig of Hell [+]
- The Randy Knife Prison [+]
- The Weary Widowers Rug Shop [+]
- The Forsaken Harpoon General Goods [+]
- The Stinking Peddler Studio [+]